Friday, October 30, 2009

Before...Behind (October 31, 2009)

Welcome to our first-ever team blog!

Jaki and I (Rhonda) will be taking turns updating you on our travels and experiences in the awesome country of Turkey. I will be giving updates on our travels, ministry times and prayer needs for the team. Jaki will keep you posted on what's happenin' in between and with the teens.

You will also be hearing reports from each of the team members as they describe to you their experiences of the country and its people. And the amazing way that God is moving in our midst as we serve His people in Bodrum.

If you would like to respond to the blog entries or you just want to say "merhaba" then please post your comments below. We will be checking in daily and would love to hear from each one of you.

We are really looking forward to the opportunity to introduce you to Laura and her team in Turkey. They have been doing the heavy lifting over the past few months to have things organized for the women's retreat. It will be a great moment when we can finally bridge the distance between us and be together as one team.

>>>>>

As I write this blog it is the last day of a 40 day fast that the team and others commited to in preparation for the trip to Turkey. And it's the day before we finally embark on our journey. It's that awkward in-between-time when one thing ends and another begins. That sense of suspense as you let go, so that you can grab on.... it's a place that's neither before nor behind.

Our devotional for this last day speaks to that place in Revelation 1:11 where Jesus says "I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last!". He is our Vanguard and our Rear-guard - Fear not! He who begins, finishes. He who leads us on, follows behind to deal in love with our poor attempts.... and we are gathered up in between, as in great arms of eternal lovingkindness.

He embraces our entire lives! As we travel on to this new day before us we need never fear. We can say today and every day of this journey, that He is our hiding place. He is our Refuge.

Thank you for joining with us as we are Sent to Serve, from Canada, with Love

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jaki and Canadian Eh?! Team! I'm jealous and oh so proud that you all have worked so hard to "just" serve. I say "just" because your initial motivation could not have been selfish, for on a surface level there was "nothing" for you to get out of going... HOWEVER, I can guarantee that you will all "get" so very very much! I'm covered with goose bumps as I write this because I am so aware of God's involvement in you all choosing to go. That He has something incredibly special for you and or to work through you to others. I cannot believe the love and attention God is pouring out upon the precious people of Turkey. As my husband Barry and I got asked alot when we decided to go to Turkey was, "Why Turkey". Rhonda and us have joked so much about that and now I'm sure you have experienced the same.

    ... So, "Why Turkey?"... God only knows :)

    Blessings and love from Nanaimo - Linnea Hansen

    ReplyDelete